Are you tired of constantly going to print shops for oversized prints that your standard printer can’t handle? Consider investing in a wide-format printer to meet your business needs. Wide-format printing popularity has soared in recent years, with businesses of all types requiring larger prints for brochures, pamphlets, and flyers as an essential part of successful campaigns.
Fortunately, various wide-format printers on the market accommodate media sizes up to 24 inches, delivering exceptional output quality and volume. Choosing the ideal large-print sublimation printer can be overwhelming. But our team has researched and tested the best sublimation printer for large prints to help you make an informed decision. Embrace a dependable, high-quality, and cost-effective solution for your large-scale printing needs, and say goodbye to the hassles of print shops.
NOTE: The printers selected for our list are wide-format inkjet printers that must be converted for sublimation.
You can quickly compare the most important features by referring to the table given.
Top 7 Wide-Format Sublimation Printers
Given is our curated list of top wide-format sublimation printers for large prints. Each product is specified per their area of expertise to help you choose the right one according to your needs.
Let’s now dive into each product review without further ado.
1. Epson EcoTank ET-15000: Editor’s Choice
As someone who prints a lot, I always look for cost-effective and efficient printing solutions. Recently, I had the pleasure of testing the Epson EcoTank ET-15000, and I have to say, it’s hands down my Editor’s Choice for a reason. With its low-cost replacement bottles, this printer saves up to 90% on ink costs, making it an economical and eco-friendly choice. The versatile paper handling capabilities permit printing, copying, and scanning on various paper formats, including up to 13″ x 19″ via the rear feed. With such large media handling, you can use the prints for sublimating t-shirts of various sizes.
The productivity features of the Epson EcoTank ET-15000 are also impressive. Featuring a 2.7″ color touchscreen, the printer is simple to navigate. Furthermore, the printing up to 11″ x 17″ and voice-activated printing makes it quicker to complete the task. In addition to its 250-sheet paper capacity, the printer features a front tray and rear feed for specialty paper. Printing from anywhere is seamless with its ultimate wireless solution and Ethernet connectivity.
- Refill bottles instead of ink cartridges save up to 90% on ink expenditures.
- Flexible paper handling with print upto 13″ x 19.
- Refillable ink bottles eliminate cartridge waste.
- 2.7″ color touchscreen for simple navigation.
- Front tray with a rear feed for 250 sheets capacity.
- Includes wireless plus Ethernet connectivity along with voice activation for seamless printing.
- The printing speed of 9 pages per minute ensures efficient and time-saving performance.
- The high resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi delivers sharp, detailed, and professional-quality prints.
- Easy navigation with touch screen
- Various connectivity options
- Support multiple sizes
- Can be noisy
The Epson EcoTank ET-15000 offers many features, making it a top choice for cost-effective and efficient printing. Its versatile paper handling, zero cartridge waste, high productivity, and various connectivity options make it a reliable and eco-friendly solution for all your printing needs.
2. Epson EcoTank Pro ET-16600: Best for T-Shirts
Printing t-shirts requires a special printer to handle large prints with precision and high-quality output. That’s why I was excited to test the Epson EcoTank Pro ET-16600, specifically designed for printing on t-shirts. The printer has inexpensive replaceable ink bottles that yield up to 80% savings over standard laser toner cartridges. Additionally, the printer offers quick wide-format prints and scans with print sizes up to 13″ x 19″.
The Epson EcoTank Pro ET-16600 is powered by PrecisionCore Heat-Free Technology, ensuring high-quality prints with vibrant colors and crisp images. Additionally, the zero-cartridge waste with high-yield ink bottles leads to less waste and a lower environmental impact, making it an eco-friendly choice.
The printer’s 500-sheet paper capacity also provides ample space for printing large documents without frequent refills.
- Refillable ink bottles to save costs.
- Quick wide-format printing and scanning: up to 13″ x 19″ for prints and 11″ x 17″ for copies and scans.
- Powered by PrecisionCore, and resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi ensures high-quality, crisp, vibrant prints at a fast pace.
- Low-yield ink bottles with zero cartridge waste produce less waste and have a smaller negative environmental impact.
- The 12 ppm printing speed enables users to produce documents, saving time and increasing productivity efficiently.
- The printer’s low energy consumption makes it an eco-friendly choice.
- 500-sheet paper capacity provides ample space for printing large documents without frequent refills.
- Low running costs
- High resolution
- Speedy printing
- Easy to convert for sublimation
- A bit heavy
The Epson EcoTank Pro ET-16600 is an excellent choice for businesses looking to print high-quality designs on t-shirts. This printer offers a cost-effective, eco-friendly solution with low-cost replacement ink bottles, fast wide-format printing, print-shop quality prints, and zero cartridge waste.
3. WorkForce WF-7210: Best for Heat Transfer
The WorkForce WF-7210 is a top-of-the-line printer tailored for heat transfer applications that demand the best print quality and efficiency. This exceptional printer, powered by PrecisionCore technology, provides unrivaled performance, print-shop-quality color graphics, and prints up to 13″ x 19″.
We tested the printer’s output for heat transfer on various materials, proving exceptionally well. From tumblers and mugs to t-shirts, you can sublimate anything expecting excellent sublimation output.
Navigating through the printer’s functions is a breeze, thanks to the user-friendly 2.2″ LCD touch display. The WorkForce WF-7210 takes wireless connectivity to a new level with Wi-Fi Direct, Ethernet, and NFC capabilities, allowing seamless printing from tablets and smartphones.
- Delivers top-notch prints, including borderless prints up to 13″ x 19″ and accurate color graphics.
- Trays with 500-sheet capacity and back feed for envelopes and specialty paper provide speed and versatility.
- Setup and navigation are simple thanks to the 2.2″ Screen and printing up to 11″ x 17″.
- Wi-Fi Direct, Ethernet, and NFC provide the best wireless networking and printing capabilities, making printing simple.
- Technology that is more energy-efficient than color laser printers by up to 80%.
- Print shop quality color graphics high-quality prints with 4800 x 2400 dpi resolution.
- High quality prints
- Touch display
- Wireless connectivity
- Great paper handling capacity
- Can be difficult to to set up for sublimation
The WorkForce WF-7210’s unique combination of high-quality prints, touch display, wireless connectivity, and impressive output makes it an ideal choice for heat transfer applications.
4. Epson Expression-15000: Best for Dark Shirts
The Epson Expression-15000 is the ideal printer for dark shirts. The printer has stood the test of time with great features incorporated for smooth performance.
We have tested the Epson Expression 15000 with various materials and found it the best bet for dark fabric. Furthermore, the printer proved to be a great choice in terms of efficiency, packed in the possible small size anyone can imagine for a wide format printer. The compact size printer has the highest printing speed and equivalent media handling compared to other best printers in the market.
The printing speed of 20 pieces of paper per minute with upto 13 by 19 inches of media handling sets it apart from other printers. I have observed that a printer with good paper handling is either lagging in speed, producing low-quality prints, or is huge. The Epson Expression 15000 is an absolute exception in all these aspects. It handles the wide format with efficiency without compromising quality. The print quality is so precise and accurate that you won’t notice any difference between the actual image and the printed one.
- Professional ultra HD photo quality allows for brilliant, borderless prints up to 13″ x 19″, making it ideal for professional photographers and artists.
- Exceptional color accuracy and vividness with 5760 x 1440 dpi resolution
- The impressive 20 ppm printing speed ensures that large print tasks are accomplished quickly.
- A 50-sheet rear tray can hold different paper finishes and specialty media, such as cardstock.
- Wide-format printing that is incredibly small and flexible saves space.
- Easy printing features include a 200-sheet front tray, which increases productivity and decreases printing time.
- Compact size
- Wire and wireless connectivity
- Great paper handling
- Inconsistent results with sublimation ink
The Epson Expression-15000 is a top-performing printer, perfect for dark shirt printing. Its compact size, efficient media handling, high-quality prints, and versatile connectivity options make it an exceptional choice.
5. Epson WorkForce WF-7820: Best for Productivity
The Epson WorkForce WF-7820 is the perfect printer for boosting productivity in creative sublimation endeavors. This multifunctional printer renders high-quality output that can be transferred to various materials. The printer’s output is combined with speed making it ideal for handling high-volume printing tasks efficiently.
Equipped with PrecisionCore Heat-Free Technology, the WF-7820 has built-in heat control, allowing it to self-regulate temperature and eliminate the need for manual adjustments. This means no waiting for the printer to reach an optimal heat level; it’s always ready to deliver a steady output.
A 4.3-inch touchscreen on the front panel simplifies settings and navigation, while the Epson Smart Panel App and wireless connectivity allow seamless mobile device integration.
- Wide-format printing up to 13″ x 19″ with fast, reliable, high-quality prints.
- Precision printing with precise dot positioning and professional-quality output.
- Innovative heat-free technology created for reliability and less downtime allows high volume reliability for demanding workloads.
- Large, 250-sheet paper capacity, reducing refill frequency and improving efficiency.
- 4.3 color touchscreen for easy navigation and control makes it simple to use.
- Easy wireless setup with a smartphone or other portable device.
- A 12 ppm printing speed provides a solid balance between speed and efficiency.
- The 4800 x 2400 dpi resolution delivers stunning print quality, making your documents and images look sharp and vibrant.
- High-speed printing
- Heat control technology
- Automatic document feeder
- Wireless connectivity
- Low input paper capacity
- High cost per page
With its user-friendly design and versatile features, the Epson WorkForce WF-7820 is the ideal printer to enhance productivity and help you reach new heights in your printing endeavors.
6. Epson SureColor T2170: Best for Beginners
From the most known brand in the printing world, the Epson SureColor T2170 is the most beginner-friendly printer on our list. It is easy to use with a touch display and convenient wireless connectivity. It is easy to set up for sublimation and is affordable, churning out beautiful prints. The printer’s design is sleek and simple to operate on your desk.
In addition to these awesome features, the printer has an intuitive LCD screen making the printer operation a breeze. I loved the feature; anyone prioritizing quality and productivity would do the same.
Regarding the output, the printer has a 2400 x 1200 dpi resolution, enough to imprint exact images with high precision and accuracy. The automatic sheet feeder with media handling of up to 11 x 17 inches makes it win a spot in our list of best sublimation printers for large prints.
- Easy to operate with a large, intuitive 4.3″ LCD color touchscreen, simplifying print tasks and improving productivity.
- Wi-Fi Direct printing and compatibility with tablets and smartphones make printing easy and convenient.
- Flexible media handling of upto 13 x 19 inches facilitates flexibility and ease for various printing requirements.
- Small, compact design that enhances your productivity and fits neatly on a desktop.
- The ability to print blueprints, line drawings, posters, and more at up to 2400 dpi guarantees exceptional clarity and detail.
- Excellent quality output
- LCD display
- Automatic sheet feeder
- Migh cause clogging with sublimation ink
The Epson SureColor T2170 is a beginner-friendly printer with quality and low running costs. Its easy-to-use interface with LCD screen, high resolution, and auto document feeder make the printer a great bet to enter the world of printing.
7. Epson Artisan 1430: Best for High-Quality Output
The Epson Artisan 1430 is the ultimate printer for high-quality output, perfect for those seeking exceptional performance and stunning prints. With wide-format printing up to 13″ x 19″, the Artisan 1430 enables you to create large, gallery-worthy prints that showcase your artistic vision.
You can easily print professional quality prints on large shirts with the printer. The printer has advanced color and lighting correction capabilities and smudge, scratch, water, and fade-resistant properties. It promises superb photo quality that endures up to four times longer than traditional photo lab prints.
The Artisan 1430 also offers convenient CD/DVD printing, allowing you to design and print professional-looking CDs and DVDs easily. This feature-packed printer takes photo printing to new heights, delivering unparallel performance and brilliant results.
Despite its impressive capabilities, the Artisan 1430 boasts a compact size, making it an excellent choice for users with limited space.
- Wide-format printing up to 13″ x 19″ allows for creating large, gallery-worthy prints.
- Wireless networking makes sharing the Artisan 1430 with others easy, allowing for convenient printing from anywhere on the network.
- Advanced color and lighting correction capabilities provide exceptional photo quality for added creativity.
- Produces photos that last up to four times longer than traditional photo lab prints and are smudge, scratch, weather, and fade resistant.
- Convenient CD/DVD printing capability allows for designing and printing professional-looking CDs/DVDs.
- The 5760 x 1440 dpi resolution provides exceptional print quality, producing crisp, highly detailed images.
- Compact size
- High resolution
- Wireless connectivity
- Low printing speed
- Slightly expensive
The Epson Artisan 1430 is a top-tier printer for high-quality output and artistic excellence. Its compact size, wide-format printing, advanced features, and wireless connectivity make it a perfect choice for creatives and professionals.
Investing in a sublimation printer for large prints is wise for businesses of all sizes. Based on significant research and testing, we have compiled a list of the top 7 finest sublimation printers for large prints.
The Epson EcoTank ET-15000 is our Editor’s Choice, offering remarkable output quality and quantity. The Epson EcoTank Pro ET-16600 is best for T-shirts, while the WorkForce WF-7210 is best for heat transfer. For dark shirts, we recommend the Epson Expression-15000, and for maximum productivity, the Epson WorkForce WF-7820 is the best option. The Epson SureColor T2170 is ideal for beginners, while the Epson Artisan 1430 is perfect for high-quality output.
The following factors should be considered if you want printers to print large prints.
The larger prints have wider applications, and every printer has its way of handling paper. Some feed the media one sheet at a time; others offer a more advanced solution with a pre-loaded tray. So if you print a wide format occasionally, one at a time would suffice. But if you need constant output, the printer with a pre-loading supply will be a better option.
A printer’s connectivity options are very important in wide-format printing. Compared to standard printers, these are large and will take up much space on your desk. The wireless connectivity option is a huge plus to make it more manageable without worrying about space, so you can put the printer anywhere without connecting cables and tethering it. Other connectivity features should also be considered, like USB, memory card compatibility, and slots for the hard drive.
Make sure the printer can accommodate the size of media you need to print on, whether it’s large posters, banners, or fabric rolls. Some printers can handle media up to 24 inches wide, while others can print on larger media sizes. Reviewing the printer’s media handling specs is crucial to ensure it matches your unique requirements. You can eventually save time and money by purchasing a printer that can handle the desired media size.
Ink Cost Per Page
Larger-size prints consume much paper as well as ink. So the ink costs must be considered with great scrutiny like other factors. Some inks are highly expensive as well as don’t last long. When selecting a printer, know the ink expenses per page and buy according to your budget.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
How wide can a wide-format printer print?
Any print media is classified as A0, A1, A2, A3, etc. Among them, the widest is A0, with 33.1 x 46.8 inches. The best printers we covered in the article can print upto 13 x 19 in wide sheets.
How much space is required for working on a wide-format printer?
The wider the printing need you have, the wider the printer will be and the more space you will require to accommodate. A compact-size printer can do the job if you are looking for flyers and poster printing. But if you want to print out billboards and huge banners, you will need a bulky printing machine, which will occupy a lot of space.
How much can wide format printing cost?
Various factors determine the expenses that go into large-format prints. The consumables such as ink and print media largely determine how much the prints will cost. The more expensive the ink and media, the more costly your print will be.
Refer to our guide on sublimation printer costs to clarify further.
How long do the wide format printers last?
It is determined by the quality of the materials used to manufacture a printer. The more robust printers last longer than others manufactured with low-quality material. Many printers in the market offer two years warranty and provide tech support during that time. According to a consensus, printers, on average, have a lifetime of 7 years, and the companies stop providing tech support after that time. But we have also seen printers working longer on many business sites.