The dye sublimation paper market has experienced remarkable growth in recent years. It is anticipated to continue expanding, making selecting the right paper for sublimation printing even more crucial. The quality of the paper can be challenging to determine, as it significantly impacts the final product, with higher-quality papers resulting in more vibrant prints and inferior papers leading to faded or pixelated outcomes.
To address this issue, it’s essential to research before purchasing sublimation papers or acquiring sample packs to test various papers. This approach allows you to evaluate the paper’s quality and compatibility with your specific printer and ink. Although testing different papers demands considerable time and effort, our team of printing enthusiasts has compiled a list of the top 7 sublimation papers to save you time. Each product has been rigorously tested and included to aid you in finding the best sublimation paper for your needs.
Here is the comparison table to help you easily compare the most crucial features of each paper.
Best Sublimation Paper To Use
Here is the curated list of our top picks of best sublimation papers. Each product is specified for the purpose it serves best to help you choose the best that compliments your needs.
Let us get into reviews without further ado.
1. A-SUB Sublimation Paper: Editor’s Choice
I recently tried out the A-SUB Sublimation Paper, and I have to say, I was extremely impressed with the results. It stood out as the best in our list with its advanced features. It is a high-quality, heavyweight paper that feels sturdy and professional. The coating on the paper is smooth and consistent, making it easy to get a clean ink transfer.
One of the things I love about this sublimation paper is that it produces extremely vibrant, high-quality prints. The colors are bright, and the print has no pixelation or blurriness. I’ve used other sublimation papers in the past that have resulted in faded or dull prints, but that was not the case with the A-SUB paper.
Along with the paper’s awesome print quality, the A-SUB Sublimation paper is very easy to use. It works well with my printer and ink, making the transfer process smooth and hassle-free. I’ve never had any issues with the paper jamming or wrinkling, which is always a plus.
- No fracturing: Transfer designs will not crack or break.
- Fast dry: Designs dry quickly, reducing the chance of smudging.
- High transfer rate (≥98%): Ensures designs are transferred with high fidelity.
- Suitable for white or light-colored high-quality polyester and cotton blend materials with ≤30% cotton content.
- Ideal for premium ceramic and tile, phone cases, and metal plates.
- Sheet size: 8.5″ X 11″ with 110 sheets per pack.
- Only compatible with sublimation ink.
- High-quality prints
- Durable prints
- Fast drying
- Adequate thickness
- A bit pricey
I highly recommend the A-SUB Sublimation Paper to anyone needing a reliable, high-quality paper. The vibrant prints and ease of use make it a standout product.
2. Hippo Sublimation Paper: Best for Sawgrass
One of the best versatile sublimation papers in the market, the Hippo is the best choice for Sawgrass sublimation printers. The paper has the instant dry feature as its hallmark. The paper comes out of the printer completely dry, so there’s no need to wait. This is great for time-saving and helps to streamline the sublimation process.
In addition to being instant dry, the Hiipoo Sublimation Paper has a high transfer rate – over 98%. This ensures that the colors in my prints are true and precise and helps save on ink. The paper is also 120G, which gives it good elasticity and helps prevent it from rolling or wrinkling during printing.
Another thing I appreciate about the Hiipoo sublimation paper is its versatility. It can transfer images and text onto various materials, including light-colored fabrics with ≤ 30% cotton or polyester, mugs, tumblers, phone cases, puzzles, mouse pads, ceramic plates, bags, cups, and more. This makes it a great option for making special, customized presents for friends and family.
- They are designed to dry instantly, saving time and allowing for faster printing.
- Maintained true color and precision while reducing ink usage with a transfer rate of over 98%.
- The 120g paper is elastic and thick, preventing gear prints and ensuring a smooth printing experience.
- Easy to use: Print the image with an inkjet printer using sublimation ink, adjust heat press settings, and peel the transfer paper.
- Suitable for transferring designs onto light-colored fabrics.
- The package includes 110 sheets of Hiipoo 120g sublimation paper 8.5×14 and instructions on the back.
- Highly compatible
- Easy to use
- Quality output
- High transfer rate
- Only works best with Hippo ink
The Hippo sublimation paper is extremely easy to use. It is a high-quality, reliable paper that produces vibrant, professional-grade prints with minimal effort.
3. Beaver TexPrint Sublimation Paper: Best for Ricoh
This paper is specifically designed for Ricoh and Virtuoso printers, and I find it the best choice for Ricoh printers.
One of the standout features of the Beaver TexPrint DT Heavy is its high-release properties, which allow for a clean, efficient transfer of ink onto sublimation blanks. The paper is also heavyweight, which gives it good elasticity and helps prevent it from rolling or wrinkling during printing. I’ve had issues with other sublimation papers jamming or wrinkling, but that has not been the case with the Beaver TexPrint DT Heavy.
The Beaver TexPrint DT Heavy delivers excellent results in print quality. The colors are bright, and the images have no blurry or pixelated parts. I’ve used other sublimation papers in the past that have resulted in faded or dull prints, but that was not the case with the Beaver TexPrint. The paper is compatible with many sublimation inks, including Sublijet-RTM and Sublijet UHD.
- TexPrint DT Heavy ensures consistent performance from printing to transfer press.
- The coating formulation allows for quick drying times, making it easy to handle heavy saturation prints.
- It is compatible with SubliJet-RTM dye sublimation inks, providing high-quality sublimation printing.
- It can be used with various hard and soft substrates.
- It is designed to dry quickly and accommodate high printing speeds.
- Quick drying times help increase productivity, saving time and costs for businesses.
- Clean transfer
- Vibrant prints
- Compatible with most inks
- Not compatible with Epson printers
With its ease of use and high-quality prints, the Beaver Textprint paper has an exceptional dry time. The paper dries completely in seconds, making it easy to handle and preventing smudging or smearing.
4. Koala Sublimation Paper: Best for Mugs
After trying the Koala sublimation paper and finding it best for mugs, I have been using it for a long time now, and I am extremely impressed with the quality of this product. The paper is simple to use, and the transfer process is seamless. The colors rendered as output are vivid and hold great details. I also appreciate the paper’s fast drying and great ink-saving performance.
In addition to fine-quality prints, the paper’s durability is quite impressive. It won’t fade, crack, or wrinkle even after many washes, high temperatures, and exposure to the sun. This makes it perfect for seasonal crafts and everyday celebrations.
I have also found the wide application of this paper to be extremely convenient. I have used it to transfer images onto various surfaces, and I prefer it, especially for mug printing. The paper beautifully transfers the images and designs to ceramics without a little sign of smearing or cracking.
- Won’t curl during transfer resulting in smooth printing.
- Fast drying and high-quality printing with vivid colors and sharp details.
- Versatile applications on various surfaces.
- Compatible with all sublimation printers and modified inkjet printers with sublimation ink.
- Each package contains 100 sheets and detailed transfer instructions with a Koala logo pattern on the back.
- Bright images
- Long-lasting prints
- Requires setting adjustments with some printers
The Koala sublimation is the top choice for carrying out sublimation on mugs. The paper is simple to use, with a great price tag and quality output. Overall, I highly recommend the Koala Sublimation Paper for anyone looking to add a great flair to their crafts and projects.
5. Printers Jack Sublimation Paper: Best for Epson
The Printer Jack is the best option to use with the Epson printers. The paper is high quality, and the transfer process is seamless with an Epson printer. It also has a high transfer rate, so the prints from the printer are vibrant and long-lasting.
One thing that sets this paper apart from others in the sublimation industry is its wider applicability. It can be used on various surfaces, like t-shirts, ceramics, puzzles, etc. This allows for endless creativity and the ability to personalize just about anything.
In addition to its wider applicability, the Printer Jack sublimation paper is also very easy to use, so it is best for beginners. It is compatible with any inkjet printer and sublimation ink, and the instructions are simple to follow. The entire process, from printing to transferring, can be completed in just a few steps.
- Over 98% ultra-high transfer rate saves money by reducing ink consumption.
- It immediately dries with beautiful colors that won’t fade or crack.
- Versatile application on a wide range of textured surfaces.
- Easy to use with an inkjet printer and sublimation ink, mirror printing setting, and simple pressing process.
- Create unique, handmade gifts for various occasions.
- Quick design creation in less than 10 minutes.
- Fast dry rate
- Wider applicability
- Substantial thickness
- Easy to use
- Ends curl when not feed properly
The Printers Jack Sublimation paper is an ideal choice for creative projects. Even if you are a newbie, you won’t have trouble utilizing it because of its simplicity. The paper is worth the price with greater applicability and a fast dry rate.
6. HTVRONT Sublimation Paper: Best for Tumblers
As a hobbyist of tumbler printing, I have been using the paper for a long time and can’t recommend it enough for its quality output on tumblers. I am quite impressed with the quality of this product as its output always meets the high standard of professionals. The transfer rate is incredibly high, and the colors are vibrant and true to what I was expecting. The paper is also tough enough to withstand repeated washes and high temperatures without cracking, fading, or wrinkling, making it a reliable choice for long-lasting projects.
Another feature I liked most about this sublimation paper is its versatility. The paper can be used with various surfaces, including metal and textiles. This makes it perfect for rare occasions, seasonal crafts, and formal celebrations.
- Over 98% ultra-high transfer rate and vibrant colors with fast drying and ink-saving.
- Premium 120gsm sublimation paper that withstands repeated washes, high temperatures, and sunlight without cracking or fading.
- Wide application on various surfaces, perfect for special occasions and everyday celebrations.
- Great customer service and satisfaction guarantee with an invitation to share with others.
- Exceptional quality
- Resistant to fading and cracking
- Wider applicability
- May cause jamming with some printers
I highly recommend the paper to anyone looking for a high-quality product that produces stunning results on tumblers. Its excellent transfer rate, vibrant colors, and durable design make it a great choice for all your creative projects that meet professional demands.
7. KingTac Sublimation Paper: Best for T-Shirts
I recently had the opportunity to try out the KingTac Sublimation Paper for a project with t-shirts, and the quality of this product blew me away. The transfer rate is a whopping 98%, meaning the colors come out bright and vibrant with minimal fading. The paper also dries extremely quickly, a huge plus when working on larger projects.
The paper has a high transfer rate of more than 98, so you can expect a more precise and accurate transfer with minute details added.
In addition to its high transfer rate and vibrant colors, the KingTac Sublimation Paper is also incredibly stable and produces lasting results. It’s strong enough to withstand repeated washes and high temperatures without cracking or fading and has excellent line sharpness and lay-flat performance.
- Over 98% transfer rate with vibrant colors, fast drying, and greater ink-saving performance.
- Wide application on various surfaces for personalized and specialized gifts.
- Excellent stability and lasting results with no paper jam or bleed.
- An ideal choice for high-volume printing with sturdy, crease-resistant paper that prevents ink bleeding.
- High transfer rate
- Vibrant colors
- Low ink consumption
- Slightly thick for some printers causing jamming
With wider applicability and compatibility, the Kingtac sublimation paper is ideal for printing on t-shirts. With low ink consumption and quality prints, the paper costs less for each print.
Sublimation paper plays a crucial role in achieving high-quality sublimation prints. The right selection of paper makes the process easier and ensures that the end product meets the desired quality standards.
The list of the best sublimation papers includes A-SUB Sublimation Paper as the Editor’s Choice, which suits various substrates. Hippo Sublimation Paper is best for Sawgrass printers, while Beaver TexPrint Sublimation Paper is best suited for Ricoh printers.
Koala Sublimation Paper is the best choice for creating sublimated mugs, while Printers Jack Sublimation Paper is the best for Epson printers. HTVRONT Sublimation Paper is best suited for tumblers, and KingTac Sublimation Paper is the perfect choice for creating high-quality sublimated t-shirts. Selecting the appropriate sublimation paper from this list ensures that your sublimation printing projects will turn out exactly as desired.
Here are some of the most vital variables to consider when buying the best sublimation paper for your needs:
Compatibility with Printer
It’s important to choose a sublimation paper that is compatible with your printer. Different printers have different requirements for the type of paper they can use, so check the manufacturer’s instructions before buying the paper.
The quality of the sublimation paper can affect the final result of your print. Look for a paper with good absorption and release properties to ensure the ink transfers well onto the substrate.
Sublimation paper is usually available in weights such as 60gsm, 70gsm, and 80gsm. The ink absorbed and the paper’s weight can impact the print’s quality. A heavier-weight paper may be better for printing high-resolution images, while a lighter-weight paper may be more suitable for everyday printing.
Make sure you pick sublimation paper that works with your printer and meets your needs. Most sublimation paper is available in standard sizes, such as 8.5″ x 11″ or 13″ x 19″, but you may also be able to find custom sizes if needed.
Sublimation paper can vary in price, so consider your budget when choosing a sublimation paper. Remember that higher-priced papers may offer better quality and performance, but you may also find good options at a lower price.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
Can I use sublimation paper with an inkjet printer?
Yes, sublimation paper can be used with inkjet printers converted for sublimation. However, it’s crucial to ensure the sublimation paper is compatible with the model of your particular printer.
What is the purpose of the sublimation paper?
Sublimation paper is used in sublimation printing, which involves transferring ink from the paper onto a substrate. The ink is converted from a solid to a gas and then back to a solid again, leaving a permanent, high-quality print on the substrate.
Is sublimation paper compatible with a laser printer?
No, sublimation paper is not designed to work with laser printers. The high heat of a laser printer can cause the ink to vaporize too quickly, resulting in poor print quality.
How do I prevent smudging or smearing when using sublimation paper?
Handle the paper carefully and avoid touching the printed side to prevent smudging or smearing when using sublimation paper. You can also use a heat press or other equipment to help transfer the ink onto the substrate more evenly and prevent smudging. Letting the ink dry before handling the substrate is also a good idea to minimize the risk of smearing.
How to put sublimation paper in the printer?
To put sublimation paper in a printer, ensure the paper is loaded correctly according to the printer’s manual. Adjust the printer settings for sublimation or heat transfer paper. Print your image, then use the heat press to transfer the image onto the desired surface.